A Post Mortem Post

I've been reading Zen Pencils comics lately and I stumbled on this one focusing on a quote by Ray Bradbury.

I haven't read much Ray Bradbury, but I know he was one of the few remaining god fathers of modern science fiction (among other genres). When I think of my future as a writer, I want to be like Ray Bradbury. I want to write horror, science fiction, fantasy, dystopian and whatever other sorts of books I feel like to get my messages across.

I feel kind of silly, really. He's been gone for over a month. I didn't know him personally. I haven't even read much of his work. So, why did I cry when I remembered, at the end of the comic, that Ray Bradbury is deceased?

I can't say. All I know is that something is gone from the world and I'm not sure we'll ever get it back.

Rest in peace Mr. Bradbury.

Comments

Popular Posts

Checklist for Your Own Personal Writing Retreat

Leaving Blogger

Self-School 101: Enrolling Myself